Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    I love mixing some corn meal and flower up and frying stuff. Lately I have been frying alot of banana peppers and Mushrooms. Also the Jalapenos in the jar that are pickled are killer fried. Just wondering what anybody else likes to fry Im looking for ideas. I tried a banana the other day. It sucked.
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    Try some Dill Pickle Chips, battered and deep fried.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    Green tomato's, squash and Onions in beer batter
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    I dont fry in the house (HATE frying) but I do know I love fried ravioli dusted with parmesan.

    Don't forget fried cheese - kasseri, feta, brie, mozzarella, gruyere. You can also fry zucchini blossoms with a little cheese stuffed inside (batter & fry).

    I saw this on the food network this weekend: a variation of fried mushroom

    Portobello Mushroom Fries
    Ingredients
    Peanut oil, for frying
    5 large portobello mushrooms
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
    1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
    2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    3 eggs, lightly beaten
    Directions
    Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.

    Remove the gills and stems from the underside of the mushrooms and trim the edges off. Slice into 1/4-inch strips.

    Measure flour into a pie plate. In another pie plate or bowl, combine panko, Parmigiano, parsley, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper.

    Dredge the mushrooms in flour, followed by the egg wash and finally in the panko.


    Working in batches, place the breaded mushroom slices in the hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray.

    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    bass and crappie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    Man it all sounds good. Ive ate alot of fish I think I have only ate bass once tho.
    GO VOLS

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    Can't beat fried dill pickles, green tomatoes, mushrooms, catfish and for dessert, try some deep fried twinkies, oreos or candy bar of your choosing. These will kill your diet, but OMG they're so good. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite things to batter up and fry?

    how dou keep your batter on fried peppers? Mine always falls off in the pan!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •